This is currently a volunteer position that is slated to become a paid position upon new funding. The Program Director will oversee all aspects of our organizational initiative, including hiring staff, managing the budget and promoting remote working and return-to-work programs to potential business clients. Duties include setting the scope of the program, setting deadlines and delegating tasks to team members.
What you will do:
- Plan programs from start to finish, including identifying processes, deadlines and milestones.
- Develop presentations and company proposals
- Create and nurture effective communication within the organization.
- Build a strong team through open communication and by collaborating on decision-making responsibilities.
- Initiate and set goals for programs based on the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Coordinate all personnel activities including but not limited to recruiting/hiring, shift scheduling, staff meetings, staff training, performance evaluations, time and attendance, disciplinary actions and labor/management issues.
- Onsite management of all sessions, ensure all rooms are adequately covered by staff; interfaces with Faculty and Chairs to help prep/get them to their next session
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
- Collaborate with Grant and Fundraising team to develop and approve operations and budgets.
- Hire and train Account Executives to build client base and provide on-going services including corporate training and on and off site employment programs.
This role might be a good fit if you have the following:
- Degree in public health, social work or non-profit organizational management
- Demonstrated program management and supervisory experience
- Experience working in a non-profit
- Experience in Human Resources or recruiting
- A passion for helping women, parents and caregivers find gainful employment
- Exceptional knowledge of DEI and on-going trends
- Inside relationships with a number of corporations who would be interested in what Our Milk Money has to offer
- Leadership training
- Outgoing personality
- Excellent presentational skills and ability to speak publicly in front of multiple size crowds
Brush up those skills!
If you have been out of the workforce for more than a year, you may feel a bit rusty and out of practice. Volunteering your time is a great way to recharge that skillset and build back your confidence in a supportive environment.
We get it. Our team is filled with busy moms juggling carpools, unexpected fire drills and job interviews. We all do as much as we can with the time we have, but if something comes up for one of us, the rest of us step in to cover.
Your hard work will not go unappreciated. The goal of the organization is to become a fully funded operation, complete with competitive salaries. Once paid positions become available, volunteers will be given priority consideration.
Our Milk Money has been working with a remote staff for more than a decade. In fact, we believe self-employed moms invented the concept long before the pandemic. If you have a computer and decent internet, that's good enough for us.
Eliminate Resume Gaps
To be clear, we don't believe you should have to apologize for work gaps, nor do we suggest that you should try to cover them up. However, it couldn't hurt to add us to your resume. Besides, we've been known to write pretty good recommendation letters.
Situational depression is a normal response to being unemployed long-term. Submitting to countless online applications without any human response can be downright debilitating. A good way to remember your value is to do something that is seen and appreciated by others.