We are looking for an experienced, passionate and creative Social Media Manager to join our team and spread the word about our mission at Our Milk Money. As a Social Media Manager you will increase our online presence, connect with like minded individuals, use search tools to engage with those who are in need of our services, and create daily posts on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
What you will do:
- Develop, implement and manage our social media strategy
- Define most important social media KPIs
- Manage and oversee social media content
- Measure the success of every social media campaign
- Stay up to date with latest social media best practices and technologies
- Use social media marketing tools such as Buffer
- Create and design copy to ensure content is informative and appealing
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization
- Communicate with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create a strong network
This role might be a good fit if you have the following:
- Degree in Marketing or Communications
- Experience with using social media for brand awareness and impressions
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+ and other social media best practices
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Experience with audience and market research
- Good understanding of social media KPIs
- Familiarity with web design and publishing
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Great leadership skills as well as ability to work well in a team environment
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- A passion for what we are doing at Our Milk Money
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
Brush up those skills!
If you have been out of the workforce for more than a year, you may feel a bit rusty and out of practice. Volunteering your time is a great way to recharge that skillset and build back your confidence in a supportive environment.
We get it. Our team is filled with busy moms juggling carpools, unexpected fire drills and job interviews. We all do as much as we can with the time we have, but if something comes up for one of us, the rest of us step in to cover.
Your hard work will not go unappreciated. The goal of the organization is to become a fully funded operation, complete with competitive salaries. Once paid positions become available, volunteers will be given priority consideration.
Our Milk Money has been working with a remote staff for more than a decade. In fact, we believe self-employed moms invented the concept long before the pandemic. If you have a computer and decent internet, that's good enough for us.
Eliminate Resume Gaps
To be clear, we don't believe you should have to apologize for work gaps, nor do we suggest that you should try to cover them up. However, it couldn't hurt to add us to your resume. Besides, we've been known to write pretty good recommendation letters.
Situational depression is a normal response to being unemployed long-term. Submitting to countless online applications without any human response can be downright debilitating. A good way to remember your value is to do something that is seen and appreciated by others.