Julianne Wish, Member Contributions
If you’re new to affiliate marketing you might be wondering if it’s really possible for a normal person like yourself to succeed. If you’re willing to do the work necessary to succeed, you absolutely can succeed at affiliate marketing. There are some good points to think about when getting involved in affiliate marketing such as:
Know the rules and laws — Keep yourself informed about the laws in your country, state or province so that you can always make sure you are following the law. This is a relatively new form of business in terms of laws being made therefore it’s important to keep up to date with the news of the day regarding the laws being created.
Is the niche profitable? — Just because you have a passion for something doesn’t make it automatically a good niche. Do your due diligence and study the niche that you want to become involved in so that you can determine if it is profitable or not. Learn about how to research a niche for profitability before moving forward.
Know your niche — Study your niche, which is the market segment you will market products to. Know what they like, know their ages, their sex, how many children they have. Know what they like to do during their free time. If you know your niche inside and out you will also know what types of products to market to them because you’ll know what problems they have and what solutions they need.
Less is more — Don’t allow “shiny object syndrome” to affect you and ruin your business. Promote one or two products at a time and don’t go crazy buying domain after domain. Get one domain up and profitable before moving on to another one. The rule less is more applies so well to the business of affiliate marketing because if you look at who is successful they usually have one or two products they actively promote strenuously and the niche is very well defined
Would you buy it? — If you’re trying to promote a product that you won’t buy, why do you think anyone else will want to buy it. It’s really important to get a review copy, or at buy products and try them out before you promote them to others. Skipping this step can make your job really hard because your cluelessness will come through when you’re trying to promote a product you’ve never used and would never use.
Julianne Wish, Member Contributions
You have found a great product that you’re excited about, works very well, and is very useful. You are positive that it will be valuable for your niche so you want to promote it far and wide, where to start? Here are five ways to boost sales for any product.
1. Blog — Hey, I know you’re already blogging, but you need to blog more. Blog from every aspect that you can about the product. Do a review, answer a problem, inform your readers about the product and educate your readers on the problems as well as the ways to solve the problem (with your product). In addition, you can start some controversy over the problem, the product or the solution with an unexpected blog post that invites feedback, debate and discussion.
2. vlog — A vlog is nothing more than a video blog. Today we use digital video to put vlogs on youtube.com and other places across the net. You already have the content in the form of words, articles and blog posts. You can repurpose the content into video by appearing on the video, or by creating a PowerPoint presentation on video with sound back up either music, voice or both. You can even create a nice welcome vlog for new readers to your website or blog.
3. Article Marketing — You’ve likely heard of article marketing. While you can’t usually blatantly promote a product with article marketing, you can promote your blog or website which will have the product on it. With article marketing you write general articles about problems and solutions and place them on various sites throughout the Internet. Your author’s bio will carry the link that sends potential clients back to your website or blog.
4. Improved “about me” page — People like to do business with people they know and trust. If you are using a pen name and stock photography on your website or blog people may be afraid to buy from you. Change your about me page to include a picture of you, and even of you and your family. Humanize yourself as much as possible so that you explicit a feeling of trust among your readers. People who feel trust, are more likely to take a chance and buy from you.
5. Prove it — No matter what you are selling or telling your potential clients and blog readers it is important that you demonstratively prove your points with pictures, charts, comparisons and case studies. It is also important that you are always honest and above board. If you ever make a mistake, tell them. People appreciate honesty more than anything.
Julianne Alvarez-Wish is a military wife, mother, business owner, professional writer, blogger and legislative advocate. She is the Director of Communications for Our Milk Money, the Colorado State Leader for the National Association for Moms in Business and the owner of Buy By Mom and Buy By Mom Blog. She is the Colorado Springs Stay-at-Home Mom Examiner for Examiner.com. She also blogs at A Wishful Thought. Her passion, purpose and goal is to help parents work from home so they can be home with their children.